COMMUNITIES OF FAITH: MANY MEMBERS, ONE BODY
PRISM was founded by St. Joseph Parish Community and other supporting congregations. Faith communities throughout the service area continue to provide wonderful support. There are 19 communities of faith that serve on an advisory board and make a financial pledge to underwrite our operations and services to local families.
Additionally, our Faith Partners…
- provide leadership through a representative on PRISM’s Faith Advisory Board
- participate in regular drives for needed goods such as food items, clothing, school supplies, and holiday toys for PRISM families
- contribute time, energy and talent to annual PRISM events
- host church and community fund-raisers to raise money and awareness
- provide individuals and groups of volunteers
- fund and coordinate annual Farmer’s Market donations each summer
Over 35 communities of faith support PRISM through gifts of funds or donated goods. PRISM is grateful to all the area faith communities who have reached out to the community through their support of PRISM.
To schedule a tour for your faith community or schedule PRISM staff for a speaking opportunity at your congregation, please call PRISM at (763) 529-1350.
Contributing Faith Communities
PRISM Partners with the New Hope Farmers Market
PRISM and the New Hope Farmers Market became full-fledged partners starting in 2010. That partnership has benefitted both enterprises, but those whom PRISM serves may be the greatest beneficiaries.
The Market is open every Saturday from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. at 4300 Xylon Ave N/by Kmart. Vendors include primarily produce (vegetable and fruit) suppliers, but other craft and food-service enterprises are present, as well. Growers donate some of their surplus produce to PRISM at the conclusion of each market. Faith Partner Communities volunteers participate each Saturday as well. In 2011, a total of 7 tons was donated!
Click on New Hope Farmers Market Logo for full schedules and details of the market.